trickle, not a splash...

the other evening, I was talking to a real close friend, as usual I was my grumpy self. My friend patiently listened to all my complains, cribs and doled out quite a few consoling words... he then made me realize a few things; few things which I hadn't been able to quite put my fingers on earlier. He made me realize that I was happier when I could help out, in whatever small way possible, the people whom you really care about... like that moment he was happy that he could calm me down by just being there to listen to me.

simple as it may sound, these little things are all that makes up happiness in one's life... and we should start cherishing these little moments.

2 comments:

Idle Mind said...

May be true.. But I have realised that you can appreciate all these things only when you are at peace within. If you are not, then nothin really can make you happy :) you become way too self centered even to notice a splash :)

Arun Loitongbam said...

what do you mean by peace within???
we can't be happy all the time :)
then we'll stop appreciating it!!!
jump in and just let go, you never know something surprising might happen!!!