sadness...

I am generally not one to reminisce too much about my past, but today it started pouring down and I couldn't help but remember the days when as a kid I use to eat "kanghou-bora" along with "cha-nang" under the sound of rain pouring down on the tin roof, huddling around a "mei-phu" ...

Will I ever get to see those days again?
How unfortunate are we? How has the greed of few men deprived so many of such little pleasures in live?

I still hope to someday experience the serene calmness and peace of those days, but it's a hope that's fading away a lot faster then I like to admit.

2 comments:

Idle Mind said...

Munna! First Para zara translate karke bata! Not mastered my manipuri skills yet :P

Arun Loitongbam said...

Kanghou bora - its some veggie fries we eat at manipur!

Meiphu is like kangris they use in kashmir, basically baskets where we burn charcoals used as heaters :)

Chaa-nang is black tea:)